HSN Dubai Technologies’ Website Privacy Notice – June 2020.
HSN Dubai Technologies A Cognizant Company and its affiliated companies (“HSN Dubai” “we” or “us”) is firmly committed to protecting your privacy. You should understand what we do with personal information we collect when you visit this website (HSN-Dubai.com) (“The Site”) to which this Website Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) applies, including when you submit your CV to apply for a position at HSN Dubai, as discussed further below.
The Data Controller for information collected from a visitor during a visit to the Site is HSN Dubai Technologies Limited registered in Ireland, company registration number 285412, whose registered address is at Unit 4 Portgate Business Park, Raffeen, Monkstown, Co Cork Ireland. As of July 2019 HSN Dubai Technologies Limited is part of the Cognizant group.
We may supplement this Privacy Notice to address specific situations. All supplemental notices should be read together with this Privacy Notice. About our Privacy Notice
How we collect your personal information
We may collect the following personal information relating to you:
- You do not need to register to use the Site. However, if you voluntarily register with the Site or submit your personal information to the Site in order to receive information from us (e.g., copies of white papers) to apply for a job or to attend conferences or web sessions organized by us, or if you contact us using the forms or contact details on our Site you may provide us your identity information and contact details (i.e., your first and last name, physical address, telephone number, e-mail address), professional details (professional title, seniority level, employer, department, your expertise, administrative assistant’s name or contact information), the name and contact details of your emergency contact (if you sign up to attend events conducted by our marketing teams), your marketing preferences, and other personal data that you may wish to share with us.
We sometimes collect anonymous information from visits to the Sites. Anonymous information (or click stream data) refers to information that does not and will not directly or indirectly reveal your identity, e.g., aggregated data relating to all of our website visitors. We may use this data to analyze trends and statistics and to help us provide you with a better experience using our Site.
If you provide us with personal information of third parties (such as the details of your administrative assistant or your emergency contact), you agree to: (a) notify each individual before sharing their personal information with us, (b) explain that their personal information will be processed in accordance with this Privacy Notice, and (c) obtain their consent, where appropriate.
Why we need to collect your personal information
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we use your personal information for various purposes, such as to:
- Provide you with the products, services and information that you have requested, including providing copies of white papers or other information related to job vacancies.
- Manage and maintain our relationship with you, including responding to an inquiry, question or comment made by you and providing you with other customer support.
- Allow you to participate in an event organized or promoted by us and/or our business partners.
- Communicate important notices to you, such as information about changes to this Privacy Notice, our Site, and service updates.
- Carry out analytics and market research and internal reporting to enable us to plan, develop and improve our Site, our products, services and marketing activities. (For example, we may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer the Sites, to refine the Sites based on which features people use most often, to help identify Site users (such as you) and gather general demographic information about Site users).
- Inform you of our new products, services and events that we think you will find valuable by sending promotional messages via email, SMS, phone, post and/or other similar communications means. (If you would prefer not to receive these communications, simply follow the unsubscribe instructions on the promotional communications that you receive or contact us as described below).
- Create a profile about you to help us personalize our communications to you, including to ensure that you receive relevant marketing communications based on your actions on a particular Site or your geographic location based on your IP address.
- Prevent and detect unlawful behaviour, and protect or enforce our legal rights, for example defending us in case of legal disputes.
- Review and/or share the CV you submit for a position at HSN Dubai or with another Cognizant group company.
To whom do we give your personal information
We will not sell your personal information to anyone outside the HSN Dubai and Cognizant group of companies. However, we may need to disclose your personal information to third parties in the following instances:
- Other HSN Dubai and Cognizant group companies: Cognizant is a global company and your personal information may be shared with or accessed by other companies within HSN Dubai and the Cognizant group who will use your personal information for the purposes and in a manner set out in this Privacy Notice.
- Service providers: We will disclose your personal information to companies that provide services to us, such as companies that assist us in operating our Sites and vendors that assist us with marketing campaigns. The service providers are required to keep your personal information confidential and are not permitted to use your personal information for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for us.
- Third parties to meet applicable legal requirements: We may need to disclose your personal information to a third party if it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or the decision of a judicial authority, a public authority or a government body, or if disclosure is necessary for national security, law enforcement or other public interest.
- Business partners: We will disclose your personal information to our business partners if it is necessary for providing products and services to you, such as for certain software and related services.
- Third parties in connection with a business sale: If we make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business/asset transfer, we may transfer your personal information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
- Other third parties with your consent: We may also share your personal information with other third parties when you separately consent to such sharing.
International transfers of your personal information
Due to the global nature of HSN Dubai Technologies and Cognizant’s business, your personal information may be shared, disclosed and transferred between the various Cognizant group companies and other third parties (as described in the above section on To whom we give your personal information) where such transfers are required for legitimate business reasons. Such entities may be located outside your country of residence. The level of protection for personal information is not the same in all countries, however, we will take reasonable steps and implement measures as described in this Privacy Notice to keep your personal information secure.
How long will we retain your personal information
Your personal information will be retained only for so long as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice in accordance with applicable laws, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, accounting or reporting requirements. This will be for a maximum of 5 years.
How we protect your personal information
HSN Dubai implements appropriate security measures designed to prevent unlawful or unauthorized processing of personal information and accidental loss of or damage to personal information. No data is retained in the Site. Any data collected via our Site is stored in a secure location in accordance with HSN Dubai security procedures.
Children’s privacy protection
The Sites are not intentionally targeted to, or intended for, children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
About your CV
HSN Dubai processes the personal information you provide in your CV in connection with a specific job opportunity. The CV should therefore provide a good overview of your professional curriculum, but we advise you not to include more sensitive personal information such as bank details, insurance number or salary information, as we do not require this sort of information to be in a CV. We will in any case request relevant additional details from you if and when these are required. Please note that we do not request sensitive details such as bank details or passport information by email.
You may also choose to provide references on request from us, rather than including these in your CV.
The details you provide (including your CV) will be used in considering your suitability for employment in the specific role for which you applied. We will retain your contact information in accordance with this Statement in case a subsequent opportunity should arise, or obtain your consent for further retention if so required.
We assume that you are retaining the original CV in your own records, and at no time is the copy submitted to us to be considered as an original.
You should be aware of the security implications of transmitting your CV via the Internet. For more information on this subject, see “Advisory regarding security” below.
Advisory regarding security of your CV submitted to HSN Dubai
If you submit a CV to us, or if it is transmitted to us by a referral service, once received it will be stored appropriately by us and processed securely in accordance with this Statement.
When you submit information via our Website, we note that this is a secure https channel. The information is loaded directly into our systems. You should always use the security features of your browser to ensure that the website you are connected to is legitimate, secure and that its certificate is correct and in order.
You may also choose to submit a CV to us via email. Although this is common practice, be aware that it is possible for an email to be intercepted by a third party.
You may in some cases submit information via a third party referral site (e.g. for a job application) which is subsequently relayed to us. In this case, be aware that your initial submission is governed by the terms and conditions of that website.
Social media widgets
Our Website includes social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, and widgets, such as the Share This button or interactive mini-programs. This enables you to access additional information about HSN Dubai in those social media sites. These features may collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which page you are visiting on the Website, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. These social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on the Website. Your interactions with these features are governed by the respective privacy statements of the companies that provide them, and they are responsible for their use of the data they collect.
Controlling your personal information
If you would like to exercise your right to modify or remove your personal information from our database or request a copy of your personal information (to the extent these rights are provided by law, as described further in the Annex below), you can send us an e-mail at DataProtectionOfficer@Cognizant.com For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. We will respond as soon as reasonably practical and within the time frame specified by applicable law. We reserve the right to deny your request based on applicable law and will inform you if we do so.
Links and Third Parties
The Site may contain links to other websites, including sites controlled by third parties independent of us. HSN Dubai is not responsible for the privacy practices or the contents of such websites. We encourage you to read the privacy notices of such websites before providing any personal information to them. We do not take responsibility for the opinions of third parties expressed on or through our Site.
Any questions, concerns or complaints about our processing operations and our commitment to this Privacy Notice should be addressed to the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to contacting us, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Irish Data Protection Commissioner if you so choose.
You can also write to us at:
HSN Dubai Technologies Ltd
Unit 4 Portgate Business Park Raffeen, Monkstown
You may also write our Data Protection Officer at the above address or at the address of your local HSN Dubai office. A list of local offices can be found on the “Locations” tab of the website.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change and update this Privacy Notice from time to time. Any changes to our Privacy Notice will be posted on this page.
Annex: Additional information for individuals based in the European Economic Area (“EEA Annex”)
This EEA Annex complements and supplements the main body of the Privacy Notice and covers the processing of personal information relating to individuals located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”). In case of any conflicts between the main body of the Privacy Notice and the EEA Annex, the EEA Annex will have precedence.
The main purpose of the EEA Annex is to provide information about our data processing activities in compliance with Regulation 2016/679, also known as the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
We will notify you of any material changes or additions to this Privacy Notice and will provide you with a copy of any amended Privacy Notice(s) by use of your e-mail address provided to us, or by any other suitable means.
If you have any questions relating to this EEA Annex or our processing of your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer at: email@example.com
About EEA Annex
Purposes and legal bases for processing your personal information
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we use your personal information for the purposes identified in the main body of the Privacy Notice based on the following legal grounds:
- Consent: We may process your personal information if you consent to such processing, e.g. for receiving promotional messages via phone or electronic communications means from us. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any prior processing based on your consent. Please note that even after withdrawal of your consent we may be entitled to continue processing your personal information if other legal grounds apply. To withdraw your consent, you can use the unsubscribe instructions in the promotional communications you receive.
- Contractual necessity: Where it is necessary to enter into a contract with you for the provision of our products or services or to perform our obligations under that contract. If you do not provide us with your personal information for processing as described below, we may not be able to provide the service, product or information requested.
- Our legitimate interests: We may process your personal information where it is necessary for our legitimate interests as a company, including to manage, promote and improve our business and manage our risk.
Transfers outside of the EEA
Your personal information may be collected, transferred to and stored by us in the United States and by our affiliates in other countries where we operate. Therefore, your personal information may be processed outside the European Economic Area (EEA), and in countries which are not subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission and which may not provide for the same level of data protection as the EEA. In this event, we will ensure that the recipient of your personal information offers an adequate level of protection, for instance by entering into standard contractual clauses for the transfer of data as approved by the European Commission.
Your rights under the GDPR
You have the following rights with respect to your personal information that we process, subject to conditions and restrictions set out in the applicable laws:
- To learn whether your personal information is processed by us and to request a copy of your personal information and information relating to the processing of your personal information. This service is usually free of charge, although we have the right to charge a ‘reasonable fee’ in some circumstances.
- To request the correction of any inaccurate or incomplete personal information.
- To request the erasure of your personal information or the restriction of the processing of your personal
- To object to our processing of your personal information.
- To withdraw any consent you may have given.
- To demand data portability under certain circumstances.
- To lodge a complaint with the applicable data protection supervisory authority.
To exercise your rights to the extent allowed under applicable law, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
How long do we retain your personal information
Your personal information will be retained only for so long as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice in accordance with applicable laws, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, accounting or reporting requirements.